Climbing Rose Masterclass with Anna Mazon
22nd -23rd August 2020 9am -5pm
At Silver and Stone Studio near York.
This is a 2 day silver clay workshop by International tutor, Anna Mazon, featuring really ususual, elongated beadcap construction, adorned with beautiful, fully handmade, climbing flowers, interlacing coils and other small ornaments. Anna will show you some interesting construction techniques, making long hollow tubes without using extruder, working with coils.
The pieces created during this class may look in many different ways – you don’t have to make climbing roses (though we will be focusing on this).
– learn to make a long piece of tubing out of metal clay (hollow form), without using an extruder
– learn to create various types of ornamentation using coils (working wet and dry)
– learn how to make tiny, totally hand made roses or morning glories
– learn to make a nice and strong construction consisting of a bead cap and long piece of metal clay
– learn to create and articulated bail
– learn how to assemble the bead, beadcap and the bail together in a nice, clean way.
You can find out more about Anna Mazon on her website drakonaria.com
Anna recently visited our studio near York and her classes quickly sold out. We have booked her again for 2020, as a summer school special. You can book each class individually, you don’t have to do them all!