Soldering on Silver Clay and Stone Setting
This is an ideal course for beginners or those looking to improve their soldering on silver clay. Taught by our jewellery expert, Helen Drye, this will enable you to get confident with this traditional silversmithing technique and increase the possibilities in working with silver clay.
- You will learn how to solder onto silver clay.
- You will learn how to make a silver clay bezel.
- You will learn how to make a fine silver bezel.
- You will learn to solder bezels onto silver clay.
- You will learn how to set a stone.
This course will take place on Friday 13th September – time 10am-4pm
The cost is £95 per person and includes tools and materials, including some silver clay. Please bring some fired PMC pieces to practice on. We will be able to make some simple PMC pieces on the day. However, the course will focus on soldering. You will also learn to create bezels, bezel settings and stone setting.